Monday, December 9, 2013

Texting and Driving PSA Poster

My topic was about texting and driving.  I wanted to have my audience understand the importance of not texting while driving.  There are many consequences of texting while driving such as damages, injuries, fines, crimes, and even death.  I intend to prove that texts can wait for after driving and

I learned that more than about 1/4th of accidents involved cell phones.  I also learned that manny teenagers believe that they can text while driving safely but 10% of that time they drive outside of their lane.  This led me to believe that the usage of cell phones during the usage of an automobile leads to improper driving.  This led me to further believe that if there was a significant decrease of texting while driving, there would also be a significant decrease in motor accidents.

The interesting facts I used from the website that can be found here. One thing I found interesting was that just a few seconds of not paying attention to the road can cause a fatal accident.  When you text while driving, your chances of getting into an accident are multiplied by 23.  This proves that when driving, texting proves to be a unnecessary and dangerous task.

My rough sketches and ideas are here.

My finished PSA informs and educates the viewer by allowing the viewer the see at a perspective of a driver running over a innocent man.  The driver was texting on his phone and soon crashed into a man who was crossing the street.  Hopefully, this will be able to make the viewer feel bad for the man and think to themselves, "If I don't text while driving, then I won't be the one who kills a innocent man."

PSA - Texting & Driving Poster designed by Willy

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?